The Trauma Rehabilitation Resources Program, the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists, NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge, and Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute are pleased to announce a Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) course for 2021.
For the first time, this program will take place online, guiding students through their self-study with virtual meetings scheduled 1-2 times a month (Tuesday mornings from 10-11:45). Meetings will be recorded for those who are unable to attend in person. Our CBIS course will begin in January with weekly reading assignments, lecture slide sets, and virtual teaching sessions leading up to a final review in March. Students receive a syllabus so they can work ahead if desired, but it is important that they complete all reading assignments. The online sessions will serve as a review and opportunity to address any gaps in knowledge. Students will have several testing options to accommodate specific needs due to COVID-19.
TRRP will pay the $235 application fee for up to 15 applicants. To qualify, applicant must:
- Live and work in the state of Arkansas (some exceptions may be made for those who serve AR residents)
- Be available for the final review (virtual) on March 15 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Provide your own computer for the meetings and exam
- Purchase your own textbook (it is $90-130, depending on whether you purchase the study companion)
- Have had 500 hours of currently verifiable direct contact experience with an individual or individuals with brain injury (It can be through employment or academic internships. Volunteer work does not qualify)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) recognizes ACBIS as a means for achieving Standard 13 of its requirements, and several state and federal agencies cite the ACBIS training curricula as a prerequisite for service delivery under Medicaid waivers and similar funding sources.
For more information or to apply, contact Kristen at email@example.com or (501) 295-6576.
Spaces are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Your space is not reserved until your full application (including resume or CV) is received.