The Trauma Rehabilitation Resources Program (formerly ATRP), the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists, NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge, and Baptist Health Rehabilitation Institute are pleased to announce a Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) course March 12-13, 2020 in Little Rock, AR.
The certification is supported by face-to-face classroom instruction, a course manual, and continuing education programs. Our CBIS course guides students through self-directed learning beginning in January, with weekly reading assignments and lecture slide sets leading up to the March class dates. Individuals are expected to stay with the course schedule and come to the class prepared. The actual “class” should serve as a review and opportunity to address any gaps in your knowledge. Students will have the choice between testing on Friday, March 13 or returning two weeks after the course to test.
TRRP will pay the $235 application fee for up to 20 applicants. To qualify, applicants must:
- Live and work in the state of Arkansas (some exceptions may be made for those who serve AR residents)
- Be available for the entire course schedule and exam
- Provide your own laptop for the exam
- Purchase your textbook through TRRP ($80)
- Have had 500 hours of currently verifiable direct contact experience with an individual or individuals with brain injury (It can be through employment or academic internships. Volunteer work does not qualify)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) recognizes ACBIS as a means for achieving Standard 13 of its requirements, and several state and federal agencies cite the ACBIS training curricula as a prerequisite for service delivery under Medicaid waivers and similar funding sources.
Spaces are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Your space is not reserved until your full application (including resume or CV) and book payment are received.